Tuesday, August 19, 2008

14 Weeks and Keyboarding

Has it really been 14 weeks? For years I've heard about the powers Linux, and SQL. The command line interface was something that I had to use on occasion but only in a very elementary way. The experience gained using these tools, though I just got my feet wet, was enlightening. It built my confidence level up to the point that I might develop a media server for the family.

I was asked did the course change my perspectives on any aspect of digital information. The term digital information is a misnomer. The information isn't digital but it is information stored and handled in a digital environment. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, yes, my point of view has changed. It seems that there is a long history of many people developing the science of handling information digitally. I felt that this aspect of our "age" was an afterthought by many. I'm glad to see that isn't true.

No comments: