It’s the fall semester in my course of study at the University of Arizona, two courses both dealing with digital collections. Some interesting readings this week in both 675 and 671. On in particular pqued my interest was Clay Shirky’s essay, Ontology is Overrated ,. In it he raised the question, of how strict must should we be with the way we categorize, should we let the caategories fall as each person calls them. I think that it wont lead to chaos but instead might make it easier to find items.
This current assignment is to put together a collection to enter into Drupal in a few weeks. I'm going to continue dealing with the family photos, particularly those from the past 5 years. For the purpose of this exercise, I want to keep them generic tied to place as opposed to person. The audience would be friends and family. Some terms would include Alaska, ships, ocean, mountains, party, New York
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment