This week we dove into the theories of project management. We know what is the best way to achieve a successful outcome or at least know why the project failed? The Project Body of Knowledge was a good read. It outlined how to go about things. It also reaffirmed many of the strategies I used when I was producing television programs. Most interesting to me was H. Frank Cervone's article on Project Risk Management. The fact that there is a formula to measure risk in a project is enlightening Of course the variables are subjective but is seems that you can get close.
After doing the readings, I asked around where people are doing projects to see what they use to manage their projects. The answer I got was from a WAG to a written plan. What drove their decision was budget and scope. The larger the budget, the larger the scope, the more pages to the plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment