This week it was make a web page using html. It has been almost 12 years since I've done any work in html and have forgotten most of it except for a few commands which I use at my current job at the Vanderbilt Television News Archive when writing descriptions about the shows. So you can say I was starting from just above scratch. The tutorial that was most helpful was from the W3 Schools. It was better in its layout then the Maricopa Center html tutorial Once I got down to making the web page I also looked at html tags from other sites to see how it was done. My web page can be viewed at http://www.u.arizona.edu/~davissc/class.html.
Finally, I've gotten my demo system to work. There were two other attempts with two different machines. One was a Pentium II, small hard drive, not enough memory, wasn't suitable for this situation. I found a P-4, a $10 garage sale wonder. It needed more work then I had time for to get it running. I found a GX260 on Craig's List. It is up and running, the server's IP address is recognized. So far so good! There are some issues with Webmin not opening up but I'm sure I will be able to resolve them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment