Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Database - Order to Disorder
This week SQL and creating a database! It is difficult, particularly developing the matrix and constraints of the database. It is probably the most difficult thing that I have come across in this course. One reason why it seems so complex is that there is a methodology that isn't clear to me. Maybe it is as simple as just making sure that you don't have any repeating attributes and that the subject of the database is broken down to its simplest elements. Isn't that all normalization is? A friend once gave me a sweater made out of wool. It caused me to itch, it was very uncomfortable. I wore it for some time. Eventually it stopped itching and became my favorite sweater. This is what I expect will happen with database management systems. I will keep doing it, get some feedback, and will be more comfortable with it. Sometimes you have to see the relatives you don't like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment